Ambivalence

I wanted to drop off a copy of a book I just reviewed for fellow cyclist, geek and info-sec buddy, jdoublep after work, and ended up taking the little Townie all the way home. I don't think I'm going to do that again. There was only one place where I had to stand up to get up a hill, but standing up on the pedals of a Townie isn't fun nor easy, as you're basically standing between the big cruiser handlebars.

The ride was relaxing, and otherwise one of the funnest homewards I've had in a long time. I particularly enjoyed greeting people with the bell. Simple pleasures, right? Maybe I'll get one for The Twelve... which is what I immediately grabbed for the Monday Night ride when I got home. The Townie killed my knees -- likely a fault of my own for not having it adjusted too well.

I think I could get around on a 3-speed mountain bike set up with a similar ratio for fair weather. I think for the Winter Beater duty, though, I'm definitely going a bit lower if I do, in fact, set the Sorrento up as a 3-Speed. Again, I'm not ruling out a fixed, singlespeed or flip-flop setup either. All three options seem relatively attractive.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment