Hello? September? Where ya at?

I was rudely awakened in the wee hours of this morning by a really ominous thunderstorm. I lay in bed until it was time to get up, but I think I probably scored about 4 hours of sleep. The rain stopped right before I left for the bus, but the ride was a chilly one, with mist and temperatures in the mid-50s. As I acclimate to the temperature shift, I usually consider 50°F the breaking point where shorts are no longer viable. Today's temperatures were a shock, and I'm not the only one to notice it, either. It was even chillier, windier and mistier on the way home. Wait a minute... This is October weather!

Upon arriving downtown, I also realized I'd forgotten my wallet. Everything else was accounted for, including some leftovers I'd brought along for lunch. No coffee or anything from the soda machines to wake me up today. The corporate trough is sufficiently vile to avert me even in these dire circumstances.

I ended up taking the bus both ways today. Tomorrow doesn't look much better. I think it's about time to find the fall/spring transition gear and prepare for that wonderful phase of the weather cycle where I have to carry multiple changes of clothes. Oh, the joy.

Random Tunage:
ยต-Ziq - The Fear
Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy

P.S. - By this time next week, I'll be in San Francisco for training. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to ride much out there. Oh well.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment