Long Day

I took the bus in again this morning. Gustav's been kickin' our butts here in the midwest. Yeah, yeah... we ain't got nothing on the coastal communities that get pummeled mercilessly by the full force of these obdurate, sadistic storms... but it truly rained non-stop for more than 24 hours here, all with a crazy cold front.  Any more of that and I'd be looking for gopherwood, start sourcing two of each animal and brush up on my cubits...

Tonight was an important meeting of a new Not-For-Profit I'm trying to help get off the ground.  They just became incorporated as a 501(c)(3) this week, and we're hashing out some of the finer details.  I rode through some mist to get to midtown where the meeting was being held, and then got to ride down Rainbow Blvd on the way home... WHAT A BLAST!

I didn't shove off for home until the sun was setting, though.  As Gustav leaves town, it's making for some magnificent sunsets, though...


Oh yeah. Be seen.  For real.  This might look dorky (hey, it fits my personality, right?) but there's really no such thing as too much lighting or an excess of reflective and brightly-colored material after dark.  I suppose there is, if you're being a real distraction, but when it gets like this, I use at least one flashing rear light to grab peoples' attention, one solid rear light to give motorists something to judge distance by (believe me, it makes a difference) and my reflective vest.  The rain covers for my panniers are bright with reflective piping as well.  I'm starting to see people that seem to be ignoring the fact that it's getting dark earlier. The bike ninjas are out in full force.


This is a long exposure I took of some deer grazing.  In reality, this field was pretty dark and the sky was just as dark as the above photo of me.  It shows up as washed-out white because of the duration of the exposure.


Got home with about 19 miles on the clock for the day. I'm hoping it stays dry for another full round-trip on the bike.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment