Nothing like it...
I checked mail today and found a bunch of eerily identical envelopes from the hospital. I'm talking a BUNCH of them. Bills totaling $27,397.85 to be exact. Then my wife pointed out that we only had to pay $450.00 of it. Insurance rocks. Not that I have $450 in my sock drawer (or probably even in my 401(k), haha) but it's heck of a lot better than the cost of a brand new Mini-Van or something. So w00t for insurance.
I didn't really ride today. Yesterday, I had to get home FAST long before bus service starts, and used my Guaranteed Ride Home to snag a taxi. That meant leaving The Twelve locked up in the (relatively) secure parking garage overnight. By relatively secure, I mean after business hours, all the doors are shut, it's patrolled, and high-res cameras record the entrances and exits. No cameras anywhere near my bike, though.
Anyhow, I didn't bring riding clothes to work, so I just dragged the bike home on the D bus. I probably did about two miles of walking and bike riding combined today.
We'll see what tomorrow brings.
0 comments:
Post a Comment