The Indignity of Commuting By Bicycle: Woes
Not so much an indignity, but I had to bite BSNYC's headline.
The following woes are some that I found out quickly in my early days of bicycle commuting. Even though they now seem like common sense, some of them occasionally come back to bite me.
- Riding in business casual attire on a regular basis -- even to the bus stop -- is an easy way to prematurely wear out, stain, or otherwise damage your work clothes. It's not a sure-fire way, but it seemed to happen for me. I'd imagine a dutch cruiser with full fenders, skirt guard, and a full chaincase would solve this. I don't have one, or the means to acquire it.
- You have to remember to bring the stuff with you that you need. Access card, wallet, cell phone, clothes, lunch, or whatever you might opt to take along.
- Remembering to get said stuff packed the night before helps. You're not always thinking clearly first thing in the morning.
- Depending on the time of year, you might want to make sure your lighting solution is in working order: Bulb's not burned out, battery's charged, etc.
Oh, and I'm also glad I keep a battery charger at work, too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment