The 20-foot commute

It was a work from home day. A "Piggy Flu Drill" if you will. No pandemic in the office yet, but the higher-ups wanted people to shake the system down en masse for preparedness sake. I'm a fan of preparedness. I'm also a fan of things like flex schedules, telecommute days and other paradigm shifts in the enterprise that can reduce the amount of travel that's required for work. Both of the things I just mentioned have their problems, too. Examples: Not everyone has a distraction-free workspace at home. Not everyone can put in 10-hour-days in the cubicle maze and still take care of the kids.


Lessons learned:

  • The coffee RULES at this place!
  • I love my mouse and 18-year-old keyboard and wish I had matching ones at work.
  • KVM-over-IP does not work well over an RDP Session. Nerd alert!
  • Boots can lay in my wife's office chair for nine hours straight.


Toward dusk, I walked to the grocery store (instead of riding, it was beautiful out!)


PSA: September means east/west glare is particularly loathsome at dawn and dusk. Be seen. Be Safe. Maybe modify your route or arrival/departure schedule a bit if you find yourself riding directly into the sun on busy roads.


Fantastic sunset - I can't give it justice.


Random Tunage:
Glitch.fm

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment