Frozen Lake, Vibrant Sunset
HDR Composite of 5 shots. The sky actually did look almost that colorful. It's too bad the rest of the photo came out looking cartoony.
I always think it's funny watching geese attempt to walk across ice. They do a pretty good job considering the anatomy of their feet. They do slide around quite a bit, though. Coming up the stairs from the parking lot and seeing this view, I had to take pause for a moment and pull the camera out.
Temps were above freezing today only briefly, and back down to 30 by the time I got off the bus on Antioch. As I approached 87th St. from the back roads, I saw one cyclocross-race-gear-clad cyclist with a pretty beefy messenger bag. Likely commuting, but you just don't know. For those who don't like to ride in street clothes, the winter stay-warm gear for cyclocross is probably great for commuting up to an hour or two in the cold. Having never worn it myself, I wouldn't know, but I seem to see quite a bit of it in use among commuters and club riders alike, off the cyclocross course.
I just went outside a while ago, and the slush is re-freezing again. It's already 20 degrees outside, but we're not supposed to get nearly as cold as we did this morning. Stay safe out there!
0 comments:
Post a Comment