Goggles
9°F (-13°C) upon departure this morning, with wind chills down to -3°F -- of course I spent most of my time riding WITH the wind not into it on the way to the bus. Furthermore, wind chill only applies to directly-exposed skin, of which there was NONE this morning. I had my goggles on, as always when the ambient temperature is 10°F or below.
I marinated the moving bits of my briny bike with more tri-flow last night after wiping it down and letting it come to room temperature, which seems to have done the trick as far as keeping things nice, shiny and smooth. Last year, there was one chain that only lasted about 200 miles because I didn't keep it adequately protected. I've only put about 90 miles on this bike since I threw it together a few weeks ago. So far, it's staying healthy. The salty slush is a killer, and I'm probably going to put a lot more preventive maintenance into it this winter than I did last season, as I no longer have a backup bike that's suitable for snow duty.
Although the solstice is more than a week away, it may very well be time to break out the Winter Edition Logo. Last year, I broke it out on December 12th. Close enough.
Random Tunage:
Nine Inch Nails - Discipline
Amber - Anyway (Steve Porter Mix)
0 comments:
Post a Comment