I need a new bike carrier

Because someone decided to remove mine from our Explorer by running into it. Hit and run. Nice. Police report filed. I'll be looking at passenger-sides of all SUVs, Vans and Pickups in the parking lot for a while, too.

At least the rack spared the Explorer of any real damage: Bonus!


As much as I love the Saris Thelma, I'm pretty much broke. I don't use the carrier a WHOLE lot, but there are times we take both bikes to the trails, times my wife meets me and picks me up somewhere, or times I have her drop me off somewhere and ride somewhere else. When we moved apartments, and when we went camping with my parents, the cargo-haul mode this old rack had was handy, but I really don't require that kind of functionality. I just want opinions on a 1 ¼" Hitch-mount rack that can hold two bikes and won't break the bank. I'll check craigslist in a bit.

Random Tunage:
Depeche Mode - Precious
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment