A smokin' deal
Maybe it's just the geek in me, but I have a bunch of lights and gadgets (laser pointers, a pedometer, digital calipers, etc) that run on button cell batteries. One of them is a blue micro light that I used for a few months as a helmet light, until the batteries finally gave out. These button cells cost $5 each at places like Radio Shack, hardware stores, and drug stores. Needing 3 batteries for things such as my helmet light, it seems ridiculous to make a $15 investment when a new light costs much less.
Over the holidays, I noticed that Dollar Tree started carrying button cells. These are all over Kansas City, and it looks like they're nationwide. The LR1130 (AG-10 and several other model numbers are identical) came in an 8-pack for $1. So did LR44's. The big, 3-Volt CR2032's: 3-pack for $1. I guess it's time to start stocking up.
I got my old helmet light working again, though. Blue is nice because it contrasts the red blinkie so well. I know quite a few cyclists who rock blue LEDs on their bikes, and none of them have gotten in trouble for the fact that Red & Blue makes a bike potentially look like an emergency vehicle from a distance...
And I think I have enough left over to get the Valve stem lights back up and running, too (old photo from Nov. '07)
Random Tunage:
DJ Eyal - Dreamcatcher
God Lives Underwater - From Your Mouth
0 comments:
Post a Comment